Sunday, March 22, 2009

Biodata


I am a final year undergraduate from National University of Singapore (NUS), majoring in Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE). I aspire to join the engineering industry, where I could fully utilize the analytical skills acquired in my engineering studies.

My niche is in systems thinking and optimization. My Final Year Project was about the yard operations in a transshipment container terminal, and the objective was to improve the overall performance of the container terminal. Hence, I had proposed a holistic approach to the problem and sought to devise an allocation method to achieve a better container throughput.

I had 2 internships during my semester term breaks in NUS – the first was with a bank and the second was with a container terminal. These internships not only provided me with valuable working experience, they also gave me an opportunity to apply what I had learnt in school to an industrial setting.

As a believer of “work – life” balance, I also participate actively in co-curriculum activities, especially Kendo (a form of martial arts). In my third year, I was the chairperson of the NUS Kendo Club. Together with my Executive Committee, some of our biggest achievements include improving the running of the club, fostering a stronger team spirit within the club, and successfully hosting an Inter-Varsity competition.

In all, I hope that my university education and my life experiences will be beneficial for my future endeavor as an engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment